01 May 2013

Annnnnnnd We're Back!

Hello everyone! With todays's edition of the "Wednesday Whimsies" file, I am returning to my regularly scheduled blogging program. Since my parents live so far from anywhere that they do not have internet access, I had to cut down to one post per week to keep the data plan on my phone from exploding. But now I'm back in Edmonton, plugged in, and ready to rock and roll.


First, I have been listening to a lot of remixes, mash-ups, and acapella since watching Pitch Perfect with my sister while I was away. I gave that movie too little credit when it first came out - it is hilarious, the music is infectious, and the characters are endearing. I even got to relive my first year of university dorm hell through the main character, as her roommate is eerily similar to the one I had. Because Matt and I are gearing up for a trip to Jasper this weekend, I have been searching for new music to load on my iPod for the drive. This movie is full of it, and full of inspiration to seek out other awesome music. If you haven't already, give it a shot. I dare you to try not laughing.

Second, since Matt is now home from Wainwright (insert studio audience applause here), I have been feeling much more myself. I have been sleeping better. I have been baking and crafting. And I have been laughing. I love having my best friend back.


Third, as I mentioned above, we are going to Jasper for the weekend! I'm so excited! Neither of us have ever been, and since Matt won't be here for the May long weekend (because he'll be back in Wainwright; urgh) this is our spring vacation. It will be a bit of a drive, but totally worth it. I cannot wait to see the mountains or the glacier or the lakes or ALL of it. Whee! Anyone have any must-see suggestions of things for us to take in?

And fourth, it is May 4th this weekend. As you may not know, it is Free Comic Book Day. I encourage everyone to head to their local comic shop and partake of free comics. It is also Star Wars Day, so while you're there, you can tell all the nerds, "May the 4th be with you". Seriously. I'm not kidding. I'm totally doing it when I go in for my MLP comics.

(Ha! And you thought I was going to go a whole post without mentioning ponies!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment