08 May 2013

More Majestic Mountains


Today I wanted to share some of the photos I took during our trip to Jasper. This is by no means the whole lot of them, but enough that you get the amazing sense of awe and beauty that surrounded us during our stay.

The elk were abundant in the Park, and I was able to walk through a herd, getting as close as 3 ft to one as it grazed!



This beautiful scene takes in Lake Beauvert, and you can see where it gets the name "Pretty Green" from.

The air was so clear and clean, it felt like we were in a completely different world.
This old stump on the lake's edge was so interesting, I took several shots of it.
This photo is framed through the hole in the stump to view the Lodge across the lake.
The Athabasca River - before the spring melt. And this photo isn't mine! Matt took this one and managed to capture the wonderful play of the sunlight on the lens, which makes this shot simply joyous.
Gorgeous Lake Annette
This stream runs from Lake Edith to Lake Annette, and generated the most current we saw in any of the lakes.
The craggy top of this ridge was crystal clear to pick out against the true blue sky.
This bluff was the first and last peak we saw entering and leaving Jasper National Park. Its memorable face looked almost manmade.
 I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them. I cannot wait to visit the area again - hopefully next time I can get some more wildlife to pose for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment